1. Manufacture of products, key components and machinery that are essential for eligible renewable energy technologies (Geothermal Power, Hydropower, Concentrated Solar Power (CSP), Solar Photovoltaic (PV), solar thermal energy for district heat production, Wind energy, Ocean energy, bio energy technologies that meet the conversion efficiency requirements set in the Renewable Energy Directive (2018/2001/EU) and Green hydrogen and hydrogen electrolysis installation
2. Manufacture of low carbon transport vehicles and their respective key components , fleets and vessels meeting the following criteria is eligible:
Passenger cars, light commercial vehicles (CO2 Regulation for cars and vans (EU) 2019/631):
- Until 2025: vehicles with tailpipe emission intensity of max 50 g CO2/km (WLTP). This also includes zero tailpipe emission vehicles (e.g. electric, hydrogen)
- From 2026 onwards: only vehicles with emission intensity of 0g CO2/km (WLTP)
For category L vehicles:
• Zero tailpipe emission vehicles (incl. hydrogen, fuel cell, electric). Heavy Duty Vehicles: N2 and N3 vehicles, as defined by (Heavy duty CO2 Regulation (EU) 2019/1242):
• Zero direct emission heavy-duty vehicles that emits less than 1g CO2/kWh (or 1g CO2/km for certain N2 vehicles);
• Low-emission heavy-duty vehicles with specific direct CO2emissions of less than 50% of the reference CO2emissions of all vehicles in the same sub-group.
• Zero direct emissions trains Urban, suburban and interurban passenger land transport fleets.
• Zero direct emissions land transport fleets (e.g. light rail transit, metro, tram, trolleybus, bus and rail) Water transport
• Zero direct emissions waterborne vessels.
3. Manufacture of the following products (with thresholds where appropriate) for energy efficient equipment for buildings and their key components is eligible:
• Installation of Building Management Systems (BMS)
• High efficiency windows (U-value better than 0.7 W/m2K)
• High efficiency doors (U-value better than 1.2 W/m2K)
• Insulation products with low thermal conductivity (lambda lower or equal to 0.045 W/mK), external cladding with U-value lower than 0.5 W/m2K and roofing systems with U-value lower than 0.3 W/m2K)
• Hot water fittings (e.g. taps, showers) that are rated in the top class (dark green) of the European Water Label Scheme (http://www.europeanwaterlabel.eu/ )
• Household appliances (e.g. washing machines, dishwashers) rated in the top available class according to the EU Energy Label for each type of appliance
• High efficiency lighting appliances rated in the highest energy efficiency class that is significantly populated in the energy efficiency label (or higher classes) according to EU energy labelling regulations
• Presence and daylight controls for lighting systems
• Highly efficient space heating and domestic hot water systems rated in the highest energy efficiency class significantly populated in the energy efficiency label (or higher classes) according to EU energy labelling regulations
• Highly efficient cooling and ventilation systems rated in the highest energy efficiency class significantly populated in the energy efficiency label or higher classes according to EU energy labelling regulations
• Heat pumps compliant with the criteria for heat pumps given in the energy section of the taxonomy
• Facade and roofing elements with a solar shading or solar control function, including those that support the growing of vegetation
• Energy-efficient building automation and control systems for commercial buildings as defined according to the EN 15232 standard
• Zoned thermostats and devices for the smart monitoring of the main electricity loads for residential buildings, and sensoring equipment, e.g. motion control. Products for heat metering and thermostatic controls for individual homes connected to district heating systems and individual flats connected to central heating systems serving a whole building
4. The manufacture of low carbon technologies and their key components that result in substantial GHG emission reductions in other sectors of the economy (including private households) is eligible if they demonstrate substantial higher net GHG emission reductions compared to the best performing alternative technology/ product/ solution available on the market on the basis of a recognised/standardised cradle-to-cradle carbon footprint assessment (e.g. ISO 14067, 14040, EPD or PEF) validated by a third party.